So you have booked your families dream Disney vacation and everyone is so excited however you still have six long months to wait! We all know how hard it is to get through all of that time so we came up with a list of fun activities to do to keep your mind off of the wait.
1. Make a Disney Countdown Calendar. Some people go all out for this. Be creative, poster board, stickers, scrap-booking materials are great too. This is always a big hit with the kids and everyday they will enjoy marking another day off! You can even make a Disney Count Down Chain with construction paper as you would make the Christmas tree chains. (I have even heard of people going into the Home Depot and taking the Disney Paint sample squares with Mickeys head on them for garland) Everyday remove a link, some people even write cute Disney sayings or crafts on each link to do with the kids each day they remove one.
2. Combine Elf on the Shelf with your Disney trip and use a Disney Character that you introduce specifically for the countdown. Kids go crazy over this and I can promise you it will be a hit!
3. For older children purchase the Kingdom Keepers books and online games.
4. If your visiting Walt Disney World read the book called "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World". Over 600 secrets to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom! A great book including secret tips from Disney Imagineers, insider information on how they make things so special and more! If you are a client of Starstuff Travel we can Lend you this book on the Nook. Just ask!
5. Have a Disney Themed week and each week pick a new Disney movie to watch and read books about, color pictures and work on themed crafts.
4. Hold a family Disney planning night. Talk about where you want to eat, which attractions you may want to try, watch the Disney vacation planning dvd (ask your agent for one if you do not have one). Have the kids make their own Disney Notepads to right down their wish list of things they want to do while they are away.
5. Have the kids hand-make their very own autograph books for the characters to sign. Not only is this saving you money but it is truly a great keepsake for when they grow up.
There are many more great crafts and activities to do. Part of the fun of a Disney vacation is planning everything before hand! Hope you are inspired by some of the ideas above!