It is no secret that many families have been pent up in the house for weeks now and are looking forward to traveling this summer. It is also no secret many of them may be staying local or at least in the USA due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We have put together some great ideas for families to start thinking about their summer vacation!
1. Park City, Utah - The activities available to you during the summer here are endless. You can try fly-fishing for the first time, hop in a hot air balloon and soar into the sky, hike a mountain , go horseback riding, test your balance with stand up paddle board yoga, or enjoy one of their beautiful golf courses. For thrill seekers, they have an alpine slide and an alpine coaster! At the end of the day you can BBQ with the family from your deck and soak in the beautiful mountain views!
2. Branson, Missouri - Just 30 minutes from the Ozarks (yes just like the popular Netflix show) is a great place for families to spend some summer vacation time. Their Table Rock State Park offers miles of walking trails, picnic spots, boating (get the water skis ready), even tube and kayak rentals! This summer is all about traveling and being out in the great outdoors exploring with your family and Branson is the place to do it.
3. Lake Tahoe - This area actually borders both the California and Nevada states. It is United State’s second deepest lake and also one of the highest elevated lakes in the country, you will want to take a plunge in the sparkling water the second you see it. On the California side you can visit the Heavenly Mountain Gondola Ride which takes you up 24 miles for a beautiful panoramic view of Lake Tahoe. Also on the Cali side, you can visit Emerald Bay which includes a Castle! Enjoy a 2 mile roundtrip paved walkway down to the shore where you’ll be rewarded with the authentic reproduction of an 800 A.D. Norse castle built in 1929 named Vikingsholm.
4. Sevierville, Tenessee - There is an awesome unique mountain theme park which has created a unique outdoor family experience by immersing guests of all ages in the beauty and adventure of the great outdoors and it is called Anakeesta. Admission includes a scenic ride via the Chondola ride or choose to experience our Ridge Rambler adventure trucks to the summit of Anakeesta Mountain where you enter their magical Firefly Village. You can also visit the Forbidden Caverns or Rainforest Adventures while visiting Sevierville with your family this summer.
5. Outer Banks, NC - If you are looking to enjoy some beach time with your family this is the place to do it since it is always ranked one of the best family beaches. When you need a break from the beach head over to NC Aquarium On Roanoke Island and learn about stingrays alligators, otters and so much more. Maybe even spend some time over at the Wright Brothers National Memorial and pick up your entire Junior Ranger booklet and program schedule.
There are many other great ideas for your family summer vacation this year right here in the USA. Let a Starstuff Travel Planner help you plan your getaway now so you have something to look forward to! Reach out to us by clicking here.