Since the boom of the internet, everything seems to have gotten easier. You can find out your credit score, see what your car is worth, get reviews... You can order just about anything online and have it delivered to your doorstep. There are also a plethora of ways to book travel. Heck, there are even sites that seemingly search all other travel sites for the best deal! Is using a Travel Agent just a thing of the past?
We say, "No way!" There are quite a few misconceptions about using a Travel Agent that we here at Starstuff Travel would love to clear up. Not only does having a friendly and professional agent working for you come with great benefits, it also comes with assurance and peace of mind.
1. "It's easier to do it myself." -- Definitely not. When you book with a Travel Professional they do all the leg work. You can quickly spend hours in front of your computer going back and forth trying to find the ideal vacation for your family. A knowledgeable Travel Agent knows exactly what key questions to ask, and will more than likely have something perfect in mind.
2. "It costs more." --Nope! We get the very same prices you would get if you booked yourself online. With a Travel Agent you have an extra set of eyes looking out for the best deals, discounts, and bargains. We look at this stuff all day long. We know a great deal when we see one. You can feel assured that you are getting the best possible deal out there.
3. "I prefer to not have a middle man." --Understandable, but consider this...one quick call to your Travel Agent can save you potential hours of frustrating hold times and hard to understand Customer Service Representatives.
4. "We've been there lots of times and don't need help." This is especially notable of Disney travelers. Walt Disney World is a vacation destination that many visit year after year. They know the parks like the back of their hand. They truly enjoy planning their own itinerary and do not feel as though an agent can really do much for them. Nothing could be further from the truth. At Starstuff Travel we have agents who specialize in Disney travel. We research and educate ourselves every time something changes...and the changes have been plentiful lately. We have access to make changes quickly and easily, make arrangements for you that could have you sitting on hold for long periods of time, and we always watch out for the latest discount. It is extremely common for our agents to call a client with great news of a promotion that has been applied to their trip saving them hundreds of dollars from their original booking price. We are full of knowledge and can recommend things that they wouldn't have thought to try.
5. "I'd rather book directly." --You can. But using a travel agent helps support a local business. We may like to travel to different places, but we are all proud to live in the United States!
So the question really should be..."Why NOT use a Travel Agent?
By, Adina Roskos Senior Starstuff Travel Planner
for more information you can reach Adina at Adina@starstufftravel.com